- Root Canal Treatment
Root Canal Treatment in Chandigarh
RCT(Root Canal treatment) is one of the painless treatments for an infected tooth. As the best root canal dentist in Chandigarh, Our dental professionals remove the damaged part of the tooth and make it infection-free. RCT is a 98% successful treatment where we save your tooth and increase its lifespan. Many people think that RCT is a painful process, but believe us it is a painless treatment. Instead of removing the tooth, our dental experts try to protect it through root canal treatment.What Are The Signs of Damage?
- Now the question arises of when a person needs RCT Treatment?. In the below list, we have mentioned some points related to it.
- A patient who has pain in his tooth.
- If pain is in radiation form that travels from tooth to jaw.
- Tooth sensation problem while eating hot and cold items.
- Swelling in gums near the painful tooth.
When the infection spreads to the depth of the tooth then our dentist recommends RCT. This infection is the main cause of pain and degeneration problems also start to occur. For affordable root canal treatment in Chandigarh, We suggest immediate treatment when the pus pocket starts to build at end of the roots. If it is not treated on time then it may lead to serious problems where expert dentists extract the teeth to stop spreading infection.Painless Process Of Root Canal Treatment
In this treatment, we give the patient an anesthesia injection near the bad tooth. This help patient with a painless treatment because we drill the top part of the bad tooth. Then we clean the all small canals that connect to bones. Then we use a spray to kill germs that may be present and also prevents further microbial infection. After cleaning this area is temporarily filled with soft material. In the best root canal treatment in Chandigarh, the Dentist in Dr Kochar’s Clinic ask the patient for 2 or 3 sittings after that dentist do filling in it and fix a crown on top that is made of porcelain or metal. After treatment, you may have some pain. As the best root canal dentist in Chandigarh, we give you painkillers. Within 24 hours you feel normal.
Root Canal Treatment Cost in Chandigarh
Many people search for root canal cost in Chandigarh, but It totally depends on the treatment, if the tooth is totally damaged then it needs a long process of treatment due to that price may also increase. For more information, you can call Dr Kochar’s Clinic on the given numbers.
What is the Root Canal Treatment?
The root canal is a treatment to repair and save a badly damaged or infected tooth instead of
removing it. The Root Canal Treatment procedure involves removing the damaged area of the tooth (the pulp) and cleaning and disinfecting it, then filling and sealing it. The common causes affecting the pulp are a cracked tooth, a deep cavity, repeated dental treatment to the tooth or trauma to it. The term “root canal” comes from cleaning of the canals inside the tooth’s root. Our root canal treatment specialists in Chandigarh will look after your dental problem and help retain a tooth in your mouth.
Decades ago, root canal treatments were painful. With dental advances and local anesthetics, most people have little if any pain with a root canal today.
What Are The Signs of Damage?
- Badly damaged tooth.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold.
- Color changes.
- Swelling and soreness of gums.
What is the Procedure of Root Canal Treatment?
The root canal treatment consists of a number of steps that take place over several office visits, depending on the situation. These steps are:
- The endodontist examines and x-rays the tooth, and then local anesthesia is administered to the affected tooth.
- A dental dam is usually placed over the affected tooth to isolate it and keep it free from saliva.
- The endodontist makes an opening through the back of a front tooth or the crown of a molar or pre-molar to remove the diseased pulp, instead of a pulpectomy.
- Next, the pulp chamber and root canals are cleaned and shaped with the files.
- The endodontist fills the root canal with gutta-percha material.
- If more than one visit is needed, a temporary filling is placed in the crown opening to protect the tooth between dental visits.
- The temporary filling is removed and the pulp chamber and root canal are permanently filled with gutta-percha into each of the canals and is sealed in place with cement. Sometimes a metal or plastic rod is placed in the canal for structural support.
- In the final step, a crown is usually placed over the tooth to restore its natural shape and appearance. If the tooth is broken, a post may be required to build it up prior to placing a crown
Root canal treatment consists of a number of steps that take place over several office visits, depending on the situation. These steps are:
- 1: The endodontist examines and x-rays the tooth, then local anesthesia is administered to the affected tooth.
- 2: A dental dam is usually placed over the affected tooth to isolate it and keep it free from saliva.
- 3: The endodontist makes an opening through the back of a front tooth or the crown of a molar or pre-molar to remove the diseased pulp, called a pulpectomy.
- 4: Next, the pulp chamber and root canals are cleaned and shaped in preparation for a filling.
- 1: The endodontist fills the root canal with gutta percha material.
- 2: If more than one visit is needed, a temporary filling is placed in the crown opening to protect the tooth between dental visits. The temporary filling is removed and the pulp chamber and root canal are permanently filled with gutta percha into each of the canals and is sealed in place with cement. Sometimes a metal or plastic rod is placed in the canal for structural support. In the final step, a crown is usually placed over the tooth to restore its natural shape and appearance. If the tooth is broken, a post may be required to build it up prior to placing a crown.
Faq’s : Root Canal Treatment:
- Q1: Why do I need to get rct ? cant I just get simple filling in my tooth? A: sir/ mam your tooth has surpassed the stage of simple filling, as the decay has reached the nerve so in that case to properly clean the tooth and to remove all the infection we will have to save the tooth by rct. If we do simple filling , this can instead cause more pressure on your nerve resulting in more pain.
- Q2: Is rct very painfull ? A: we will numb/anesthetize your tooth nicely before proceeding. It will be very comfortable. Rct is like a minor surgery , so mild to moderate pain is possible depending on the amount of infection tooth has. We will take care of you,its our promise so Don’t worry !!
- Q 3: How many sittings will it take? A: that will depend on how fast your tooth becomes bacteria free. Usually takes 1 to 3 sittings. The whole purpose of rct is to take out infection from tooth so depending upon extent of infection sittings increases
- Q4: Why cant i just get my tooth extracted? A: sir we believe in saving everything given by god as gift. Your tooth can serve for years and can help you chew,look n feel better . An artificial tooth/bridge can never match a natural tooth in its efficiency.
- Q5: I have pain after my 1st sitting is it normal? A: Rct is like a minor surgery. Can you think of any surgery without minor post operative pain? You need to take given pain killers and it will sort it out within few days. But in case of severe pain or swelling give us a visit as soon as possible.
- Q6: Patients in whom we will prescribe antibiotics? A: heart disease patients, joint replacements, uncontrolled diabetics, severe tooth infections.
- Q7: why did I have swelling and pain after my 1st sitting of rct? A: whenever the amount of infection is more , it sometimes spreads when touched. It is a response of body which goes within 2-3 days.
- Q8: Can I chew immediately after my 1st sitting? A: Yu can chew from other side, just avoid eating anything hard from rct t/t tooth for few days.
- Q9: How long will my tooth serve after getting rct or what will be the life of my tooth after rct? A: Rct treated tooth can serve for many more years. Its life will depend upon how much forces u put n how clean u keep it by brushing n flossing.
- Q10: Do I need a crown on my rct treated tooth! A: yes for Shure. Rct treated tooth is a week tooth which will fracture under chewing force, so to increase its strength we need to reinforce it with crown or we can go for a latest high-tech technology like onlay
What Are The Advantages & Disadvantages of The Root Canal Treatment?
When Root canal treatment is performed?
Root canal treatment is performed when the pulp becomes inflamed or infected. Usually, the cause for inflammation or infection is a deep cavity, trauma to the tooth or extensive restorative treatment. The signs of pulpal damage can include pain, sensitivity to hot or cold, color changes and swelling or soreness in the gums.
Once the pulp becomes inflamed or infected, a root canal or extraction is necessary to remove the affected tissue and restore the area to health.
Dr. Kochar’s House of Smiles is Experienced In Root Canal Treatment
Our RCT doctors in Chandigarh have years of experience in treating patients with root canal treatment. In the past years, we have noticed a tremendous success rates with this procedure. Our Root Canal Treatment Specialists in Chandigarh would be happy to discuss your options and what would fit best for your situation.