Smile is one of the greatest virtues of a person. It not only calms the mind but also has a positive effect on the soul. However, ensuring the smile of the children is a not only a responsibility, but also a way to communicate our tender love and care to the children. In current scenario, there are a number of factors which can affect both the esthetics as well as the function of the oral cavity. Thus we here at Dr. Kocher’s ensure to keep the smile of the patient patent and ever shining.
Dental caries in simpler terms is called as rotting of teeth. This form of dental caries is due to a number of factors eg. Diet, microorganisms, tooth structure loss as well as time imparted to cause demineralization of the teeth.
Apart from causing esthetic concerns, dental caries is a leading cause of dental pain. It may cause a lot of pain ranging from cold sensitivity lasting not more than 30 seconds to radiating pain which is not relieved even with medication. Thus treatment is very important to not only make the tooth aesthetically pleasing but also to prevent exacerbation of the pain which may cause reluctance of child to eat food.
Once a child has been inflicted with dental caries, it becomes necessary to restore the tooth to its original form and function. This is accomplished by providing restoration which can not only restore form and function but also they can prevent further growth of caries.
– With the help of a rotary driven motor, the carious or rotten surface is removed from the tooth
– Once the tooth is clean of all the hard caries, soft portion is removed by using a hand instrument so as to clean the surface of all the soft and hard caries.
– Once it is clean, the cavity which is formed due to the loss of tissue is restored using tooth coloured filling material to ensure both strength as well as the esthetics of the tooth.
– After filling the cavity with material, it is then finished and polished using hand as well as rotary instrument to ensure smoothness of the surface.
– Also the intercuspation of the teeth is checked, so that any point which is hampering the occlusion is noted down.