- Dental Filling
What is Dental Filling?
Nothing gives us more pleasure than being able to conserve your natural teeth and help it remain healthy for life. At Dr. Kochar’s, preservation of your teeth is our aim. This branch of specialization includes “fillings” in simple terms. Be it a chipped tooth, a decayed tooth or one with an old filling, we have a range of newest and most advanced materials to give you a filing that will help your tooth regain its lost health. Our Dental Fillings Doctors in Chandigarh will help fill the gap and protect your teeth from further decay.
What Are The Types Of Dental Fillings?
If not managed properly, the cavity grows deeper into the dentin and eventually reaches the nerve of the tooth. There are two types of dental filling:
Earlier the trend was to have amalgam fillings (silver) or gold filling restorations. But they demand more of tooth removal and are susceptible to corrosion. With recent advances in dentistry, we have got other materials which are aesthetically appealing and require less tooth reduction.
Tooth Colored Fillings
These fillings were created as an alternative to traditional metal dental fillings. Tooth fillings colored to look like a natural tooth are known as Composite Resin Dental Fillings and are made of a plastic dental resin combined with glass particles. GIC is another tooth-colored material which releases small amounts of fluoride, which may help you if you often get cavities.
What is The Importance Of Dental Fillings?
Cavities are small holes in the teeth that form after a tooth has become permanently damaged. While
cavities may seem like a major dental problem that can easily be repaired with a dental filling. We have a team of the Best Cavity Removal Specialist in Chandigarh to look after your dental problems.
Dental fillings is a very important subject of dentistry. Once you leave the cavity untreated, you will experience:
- Increased Sensitivity
- Root Canal
- Or, extraction
Hence, if your tooth decay has already started, it is the best to seek the cavity removal specialist immediately.
What Are The Advantages Of Dental Fillings?
- You will be able to eat sweets (Ice creams and rasgulla)
- Remove All Signs of Decay
- Protect Undamaged Teeth
- Maintain a Balanced Smile
- Restore Function of the Tooth
- Long Lasting Results
What is the Procedures To Perform Dental Filling Treatment?
If the tooth has already decayed, it calls for your dentist to remove the decay and to fill in the tooth area that was removed in order to prevent further decay and strengthen the affected tooth.
What Are The Precautions and Instructions to Follow After The Dental Filling Treatment?
- There may be pain or sensitivity for 2 3 days, which will be normal after healing phase.
- You can eat or drink anything immediately if your mouth is not numb.
- Do normal brushing on the tooth.
- Don’t worry as there might be feeling of tightness or newness in the tooth for 2-3days.
- If anesthesia was given please do not eat for 2 hours. (It is adviced to have any hot beverage to help anesthesia wears off faster).
- While anaesthetized avoid Chewing the lip/tongue to check For numbness. You may injure them in the process.
- Do not chew with this tooth if there is any discomfort. If discomfort persists for more than 2days, contact us.