The science behind rehabilitation of lost tooth structure or replacing a missing tooth is what we cover under our Crown and Bridge services. Be it a single or multiple teeth loss, at Dr. Kochar’s you shall find the solution to replacement.
Step 1: Meet our specialist to know if this is a good option for you.
Step 2: For crowns, your tooth is trimmed enough such that it can recieve a cap. For bridges, the supporting teeth adjacent to the space where the tooth was lost are prepared to (bridge the gap) Your measurements are made and a temporary crown or bridge is provided.
Step 3: A trial is done to check for fit of the crown/bridge.
Step 4: Final crown/ bridge is cemented to your tooth/teeth.
You are different and so are needs of your teeth. Every tooth may require a different material. Meet our experts to know what material will be best for you. We provide you with a range of options including Metal, Porcelain fused to metal, Zirconia and Emax.
if you have a weak tooth, a crown can protect it, such as one with extensive decay.
1. After Root Canal treatment
2. To support a dental bridge
3. To cover discoloured tooth or one that is misshaped thereby improving the esthetics.
4. Over a Dental Implant
Your crown and bridge can last from minimum 8 to 10 years and even longer than that if you pay attention to few things
1) Regularly brush your teeth both morning and before bedtime.YES ,you can brush over your caps with a soft brush
2) In case of temporary caps avoid eating sticky foods as these are fixed with a temporary material ,so they can easily come out but can be fixed again.
3) In case of any loosening of your cap or bridge donot throw it. It can be fixed again. Call your dentist for an appointment
4) You can resume normal diet after getting your permanent caps,but avoid cracking nuts with the same.
5) Do come for regular follow ups as planned by your dentist to see the progress.