1. DENTURES complete or partial based on missing teeth no.
2. CROWN and BRIDGE- for few missing teeth where we can get support from the natural teeth easily.
3. DENTAL IMPLANTS- A REVOLUTION FOR REPLACING LOST TEETH.
-these are alloys of titanium metal which are surgically inserted inside the jaw bone,thereby they take the place of natural tooth roots and over it we fix the artificial tooth.
1. Increases your comfort tremendously in a way you feel as if a natural tooth is placed inside the mouth
2. You can enjoy your healthy nutritious food in a much better way when compared to dentures/crown and bridge
3. With proper maintainence your implants can last a lifetime,hence worth an investment
4. They give beautiful and natural looks anytime better than rest all options.
The placement of dental implants requires a small surgical procedure involving two main stages:
Stage 1-After the complete examination required investigations such as x-rays are adviced, so that we can get to know the amount of bone present in the site we plan to place the implants.
-Accordingly we can decide on the size of implant to be placed
-We perform the entire procedure under local anesthesia.
-The time required may vary depending on no. of implants and surgical requirements
-After making the particular area numb, the flap is exposed and implantsplaced inside the bone. This can be done even immediately after extraction of the teeth if bone is good.
-After putting the implants we close the site with sutures.
-Complete healing may take upto 3-6 months during which the bone grows all around the implant to make it a part of the body itself.
After the healing period, we expose the implant site to fix an abutment over the implant.
(An abutment is a structure over which the artificial tooth is cemented/fixed)
-After fixing the abutment we take an impression and select a particular shade of the tooth and instruct the laboratory to prepare the artificial tooth).
-Once the artificial tooth is fixed or cemented you are ready to use your implants as your original teeth.
-Implants can be used to replace an individual tooth/teeth and can also be a support for overdentures.
– Please donot skip any dose of your antibiotic and painkillers.
– After implant placement and completion of the surgical procedure keep the pressure pack inside the mouth for 45 minutes to one hour.
– Cold pack application on the outside of face is advisable every 20minutes on and off for 6-8 hours.
– Donot drink alcohol on the day of surgery and do inform your dentist about any such habits, as some medicines prescribed may interact badly with alcohol.
(Be safe and ensure your safety by giving complete history as asked by your doctor)
– Avoid biting on hard food stuffs like nuts and non veg food items.